Saturday, June 8, 2013

Pictures from New York Trip

Cody took me with him to the New Jersey golf in January 2013. We spent a few of our days in New York City. We went to the MOMA, Empire State Building, did a session in the Manhattan temple, checked out Rockefeller center, and a few other things. It was a fast 5 days. 

We worked a golf show in Jersey so we didn't have Time for much else. This is what the booth looks like. 


Here we are out side of the temple. 


This is us trying to get on the Jimmy Fallon show. We failed:(


So we decided to check out Rockefeller center. I like the hot man in the blue coat!!




This is us at the Empire State Building. The view was awesome and also freezing!!



On our last day there we found a gluten free Italian restaurant. Cody was so excited to try. He had a big dish of pasta an carrot cake. They even had gluten free bread for Cody. 



It was a fun and busy trip. We were so busy that we didn't get to see a show. It was a big disappointment. I really wanted to see the Newsies, but it was sold out all the nights we were in the city. 

I did how ever get on a train without Cody. Cody and I stepped onto the wrong train from jersey to the city. Cody realizing it was the wrong train stepped off and I turned to follow him but the doors closed in my face. I was stuck!!  For a minute I looked around the door as casually as possible ( freaking out in my mind ) for a button that would open the door. A sort of " let me of the freaking train because I have know idea where I am or where I'm going button." No luck. All I could do is watch from the window as the train pulled slowly way. Cody's back was still turned from me and I could tell he was searching for me. If only he would turn around he would see I was stuck on the dumb train, leaving to who knows where? 
Now these were the Long trains that go all Over the state and into other states. For all I knew I could have been headed to Philly or DC. To make matters worse we were supposed to get on a plane home that night and Cody had the train tickets. 

To say that I was panicking was an understatement. But I was trying to play it cool because the train was full of people, so I took my seat and pretended I belonged on the train. 
First order of business after i took my seat was to call Cody and let him know what happened to me. This mental freak out had all taken place in about 1 minute so Cody shouldn't have been too worried, right? He was freaking out!! As I was explaining to him how I ended up on the wrong train I heard it, the conductor...He announced the train would stop at New York penn station. I was saved. That was our original intended stop. I told Cody,who was already on "our" train. It all worked out. We quickly devised a new plan to meet up at penn station. I was so relived. 
Oh, and luckily the guy that takes tickets  took pity on me and believed my half true story about getting on the train without my husband who had my ticket. He didn't make me pay for a new ticket.  Not like I had any cash to pay for one.  (Cody really did have the tickets we paid for, so I didn't feel to bad about the half truth.)

Finding Cody in New York penn station was challenging, but with a cell phone and a few well placed fast food joints we found each other. Seeing him was like coming up for air after being crushed by a massive wave. The kind that knock you to the ocean floor and make you forget which way is up. Cody for me equals air. 
I feel so safe when I'm with Cody. We are never lost, he alway keeps me safe, and he is in control of every situation. Without him I felt tossed, tumbled, and really crazy!!

That is our trip in a nut shell!! I have tons if pictures from the MOMA that I will put on a different post. Here are a few of my fav's. 















  











1 comment:

  1. Being the computer hacker that I am, I just discovered your secret blog. I did not know you had a blog! I loved being able to read the extended version of your New York post. That train situation sounds awful; but at least you have a good NY public transportation story :)

    I love you Heather! And I love your girls! I just spent 30 minutes at work reading all of your posts. I miss you so much! It was fun to catch up with you through your blog.

    I heard you have chickens. You HAVE to write a post about that ASAP. I want to see how the clubhouse looks now too!

    ReplyDelete